Order this Assignment Now:
£59 2. Can the Commonwealth take over responsibility for funding public transport in Australia? Why or why not?
1. Has the recent change in Prime Minister from Mr Abbott to Mr Turnbull changed the nature of the relationship between the federal government and major businesses in Australia? If so, how? If not, what has remained the same?
2. Can the Commonwealth take over responsibility for funding public transport in Australia? Why or why not?
3. Using one of the four main political ideologies taught in this unit, critique government`s role in funding higher education in Australia. Given the increased focus on graduate employability, discuss the efficacy of state funding of skills training that will ultimately benefit businesses.
4. Increasingly, free trade agreements include clauses that allow foreign investors to sue governments when a law or policy harms their investment. What are the ramifications of such clauses for the power of national governments in making policy?
Required: Students are to use at least 5 different sources (references) to provide at least 5 different in-text references in their essay. At least one reference is to be a journal article. Students are to write the essay in full prose, using appropriate paragraphs (approximately 100-150 words each paragraph), and a variety of high quality, academic sources (references) in order of quality from highest to lowest as follows:
1. Academic journal articles;
2. Academic books, including edited books; 3. Reports from international institutions such as the OECD and World Bank; 4. News media articles; 5. Government websites; and 6. Websites from businesses, industry groups, consumer groups or professional bodies
A reference list (a list of the references actually cited in-text) must be included as part of the essay (separate files will not be accepted). The reference list must use a recognized scholarly referencing system using the author/date format. All information relating to the reference is to be included - if you cannot find the year of publishing or the author, then it is probably not an appropriate academic reference. Page numbers are required for in-text references.
Word Count Rules: The word count is conducted by using the word count function in Microsoft Word by highlighting the first word of the first sentence to the last word of the last sentence. The word count includes all in-text references and quotes but does not include the title or the reference list. Plus or minus 10% leeway is given for the word count, for example Essay 1 (800 words) must be between 720-880 words. Markers will ignore those parts of the essay that exceed the word limit, and essays which are under the word limit will be considered as not representing a completed assessment task. Excessive use of quotes will be heavily penalised. Writing to a set word count is a requirement in almost every profession, and presenting an argument within the bounds of a word count demonstrates partial achieving of Learning Outcome 5.