You need read the article on Ikea opening in India and prepare an individual presentation on any two of Hofstede’s cultural dimension. Your presentation should include the following:
- Background of the business case on Ikea opening in India.
- Short introduction on Hofstede cultural dimension model.
- Using the article and your own research refer to two of Hofstede cultural dimension of your choice.
- The communication and culture problems the business can experience due to cultural differences between Sweden and India.
- Provide a summary at the end of your presentation.
Do not rely solely on this article as it is limited with information to only provide you with a theme. You will need to do further research on the topic.
Will the first Ikea in India succeed? - BBC News
- As a guide your PowerPoint should be no more than 8 slides depending on layout
- You need to include a voice over on your PowerPoint slides explaining what you have written (as a guide this should be between 8-10 minutes long)
- You must write in your own words in each slide, do not copy and paste from the internet
- You should use diagrams and pictures where needed
- Include in-text referencing and reference list at the end of the presentation
- Use academic sources to help you with your research like articles, books, journals (refer to the online library service)
- There is no word limit for presentation, however, do not overload your slides with information.
Voice over on PowerPoint instructions:
Step one: on PowerPoint click on insert
Step two: click on audio
Step three: click on record audio
Step four: after your recording is finished you will see a speaker icon on your slides, move that on the screen so that it can be easily seen.