What am I required to do in this assignment?
On the basis of a brand case study you will be required to:
- Outline how each of the four campaigns below deliver parts of the 7Ps of the Marketing Mix, how they work for the brand, the opportunities and challenges of this approach. You should include reference to appropriate academic theory or frameworks and consider the impact on the brands from a reputational point of view (60% of marks).
The 4 marketing elements below demonstrate different parts of the Marketing Mix:
- Ryanair’s `Jab and go` gets the third-highest number of complaints ever…! Are these bad boy tactics used in their poster and online film worth it?
- The boulders in the sea helped Greenpeace go Viral – does this approach show experiential / celebrity Influencer use on social? Greenpeace dropped boulders on the British Government’s failing, post Brexit, to protect designated Marine Protected areas
- Pandora and lab diamonds - shows the importance of ‘product’ make-up in the marketing mix;
- Coke-Cola addresses diversity in Brazil; “This Coke is a Fanta
2. Use your insights and learnings from the 4 approaches above to inform the launch of a new online environmentally friendly food take-away service (40% of marks)
- Define your product (its ethos, vision, product / service)
- Define the desired consumer behaviour using qualitative and quantitative insights
- How would you integrate the Marketing Mix to engage your potential customers?
- Outline your measures of success for the launch (using the Marketing Mix)
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
- Demonstrate a coherent understanding of the main personal and external influences on consumer buyer behaviour and how it impacts marketing communications strategy.
- Evidence appropriate knowledge of positioning and branding strategies.
- Be able to evaluate the alternative communication tools and to identify the most appropriate in a given context.
- Indicate a critical understanding of the evaluation techniques available and their suitability to measuring specific marketing communications campaign objectives
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
We will be filling this section in together in class on Click or tap to enter a date. make sure you have downloaded/printed out the Assignment Brief and bring it to the session with you.
How does assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
The guided learning activities are developed specifically to allow you to apply learning to the assignment.