Order this Assignment Now:
£79 LO1: Identify the nature, explain the function, use the theory and practice the methods of financial accounting in a computerised environment.
AC4054 - Management Information Systems (2021/22)
Management Information Systems
Credit rating for module
Total study hours
Assessment Preparation / Delivery
Guided independent study
Scheduled learning & teaching activities
Sage Accounting Project - 500 words
Exam - 1 hour
The management information systems module introduces students to a very rapidly changing accounting information systems both in management and accounting areas. The module will discuss how information systems can facilitate various functions that help to improve businesses level of competitiveness. It will focus on the functions and theory of financial accounting in a computerised environment and enables students to practise the methods and develop relevant skills. The module also discusses relevant information systems techniques and explain the functions, interpret the dataflow, use the theory and practice the methods of financial accounting in a systemic context.
• Detailed practice in the techniques of book-keeping as carried out within a computerised environment.
• The creation of a computerised book-keeping system and the recording of transactions from source events to trial balance and period end • Describe the main financial systems used within an organisation: i) Purchases and sales invoicing ii) Payroll iii) Credit control iv) Cash and working capital management. • Managing information systems an organisation prospective
• Identify weaknesses, potential for error and inefficiencies in accounting and information systems.
• The importance of security and integrity within a computerised accounting environment.
• Identify business uses of computers and IT software applications: i) Spreadsheet applications ii) Database systems iii) Accounting packages The framework of computerised accounting systems and the preparation of financial statements of businesses.
• An understanding of the information systems, transaction processing and ERP systems.
Learning Outcomes LO1 - LO2
On successful completion of this module, the students will be able to:
LO1: Identify the nature, explain the function, use the theory and practice the methods of financial accounting in a computerised environment.
LO2: Understand the financial and management accounts with practical application in a computerised context using SAGE accounting system. Assessment strategy
The assessment for this module will be in several forms. They will have formative assessments on a weekly basis during the seminar sessions. This will be based on analysing case studies, class discussions, and practice using computer software, SAGE. Students will be required to perform various activities during the seminar/practice sessions followed by discussions and presentations. The summative assessment will be in the form of individually assessed coursework and unseen 1-hour examination.