The Title of the Assignment
Report on the Existing Digital Activities and Strategies of a Chosen Organisation
Purpose of the Assignment
The purpose of the assignment is to use the material you have studied in units 1 – 5 to draft a report on the existing digital activities and strategy of an organisation of your choice.
Introduction to the Work/Scope/Context
This coursework assignment requires you to choose a Multi-National Cooperation (MNC) [ i.e. an organisation that operates in its country of origin and also has a branch abroad) and, using secondary sources e.g., websites, news items, articles etc. and academic texts and journals available via the online library in StudyNet, write a report on their existing digital activities and strategies and the issues facing the organisation in developing/improving its e-business strategy.
As a minimum, you must use the resources in units 1 – 5.
Your report should at least include the following four sections:
- a brief summary of the organisational background including what type of e-business model the organisation currently operates the organisation’s current e-supply chain.
- the organisation current e-business strategy including its mission and how it measures strategic success; and in the final section, you should identify the issues facing the organisation in developing its e-business strategy.
Your Specific Instructions
Identify a Multi-National Cooperation (MNC) [ i.e. an organisation that operates in its country of origin and also has a branch abroad]. You will need to do some research into this organisation, so you need to consider what information is publicly available on the organisation e.g., through its website, news articles or other documentation. This should be through secondary sources; you shouldn’t approach or question the organisation direct.
- Research into the background of the organisation and its current e-business activities – its e-Business model, e-Supply chain, and e-Business strategy. Again, you do not need to do any primary research, existing secondary sources will be adequate.
- Using module materials to inform your analysis, produce a formal report on its existing e-Business activities and strategy using the four sections in the advice above.
- Referencing: in-text citation and a full ‘end-of-document’ reference list is required for your report.
- Use the assessment criteria and marking scheme to check the mark allocation for this assignment and prepare accordngly.
- You should save your report using the following naming convention - “Family name SRN” e.g., Sim_0987565.
- Submit your CW1 assignment in the form of a report via the ‘Assignment’ section within the Canvas Module site. Please submit/upload your report as a Microsoft Word file only.
- The word limit is 2,000 words ((+/- 10%) which excludes title page, contents list, any executive summary and references and the contents of any table and/or words used to label diagrams/graphs. Please note that the use of tables should be used appropriately to support your investigation and analysis and should not be used to extend the word count of your report.
- CW1 will be marked out of 100 and is worth 50% of the overall marks for this module.
- Use the marking scheme below and the UG Grading Criteria for HBS Coursework (Report) to support your preparation and delivery of your report.
- Ensure that you check your email frequently and the Announcement section within the Canvas module site. There will be a live online coursework briefing session that you can attend.